Reduced operational expenses are a critical factor that affects profitability in any business. In the automotive industry, especially for boats, the main expense is the running cost. Aditya, “India’s First Solar Ferry Boat,” in its 3 years of operation has proven the benefits of an electric propulsion unit, minimising the fuel cost and CO2 emissions. In this article, we are discussing the different levels of applicability of a lithium-battery-based energy storage unit onboard a vessel. MANTA is a solution that can work independently or in parallel with generators to maximise fuel savings. It can be tailored to meet all types of load requirements. With a modular design, the capacity of the system can be increased from 5 kWh to 100 kWh upon customer request.
MANTA Design Innovation
- High-power, space-saving, and weight-saving energy storage
- High efficiency, long lifespan, and low maintenance
- tailored modular design
- compactable to various energies and voltage levels
- 100% clean, meeting international standards.
A Reliable Energy Source for Boats
A MANTA energy storage unit can maximise the performance of your boat. It will act as a reliable source of energy for your long-term missions.
- Now run your boat’s A/C for hours without idling.
- You can connect all your lighting loads and navigational equipment for a seamless operation.
- Anchor winches and other safety accessories, including the fire pumps, can be connected to CIPS.
- Propel your vessel with clean energy.
- Emergency backup for your operations during power outages
Understanding Your Energy Storage System
Manta: The powerhouse of the system! It has a safer LFP battery chemistry, which provides not only safety but also efficiency. Providing an uninterrupted power supply to the motor, the Manta ensures stupendous performance in all weather conditions.
- Step 1: Charge
The battery storage is charged by clean energy generated by solar arrays or the grid.
- Step 2: Improve the load
Intelligent battery software uses algorithms to coordinate solar production and grid charging to optimise when the energy stored is used.
- Step 3: Discharge
Energy is discharged from the energy storage system to power your